Blueberry Fields Community Garden 2018
As the 2018 season comes to an end, the garden at Blueberry Fields Community Garden is again getting put to bed! Blueberry Fields has had a successful third season thanks to all of our volunteers’ hard work.
The garden had quite a large harvest this year! Everything grown in Blueberry Fields is donated to Home Suite Hope and allows them to provide fresh produce to families who are in the program. Here’s what was grown this year at Blueberry Fields:
- Over 130 kilograms of Potatoes
- 22 kilograms of Cabbage
- Over 25 kilograms of Sweet Onions
- Over 30 kilograms of Bell peppers
- Over 20 kilograms of Carrots
- Over 50 kilograms of Tomatoes
- Honourable mentions:
- Herbs, Lettuce, Radishes, Rhubarb, Raspberries, Beets, Eggplant, Okra, Sweet Potatoes, Leeks, Cucumbers and Sunflowers
For all photos from the garden, check out the Gallery.
Thanks to all of the volunteers that came by throughout the year to help ensure another successful year at Blueberry Fields. A special thank you to Ken, who won Home Suite Hope’s Top Programs Volunteer award in June for all of his hard work. To all of the volunteers who came out and worked in Blueberry Fields, thank you!
We are looking forward to another successful year in the garden. If you are interested in volunteering in the upcoming year, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org in the spring.